Sales Associate Jobs
As a courtesy to its independent contractor franchisees, 7‑Eleven permits job openings in franchise stores to be posted on this website. Franchise openings are clearly identified as such and the description on this page does not apply to these openings – the Franchisee will provide you with a job description if you are hired.
7‑Eleven Franchisees are solely responsible for controlling the manner and means of the day to day operation of their stores. As such, each Franchisee solely controls all aspects of his or her employment practices, including the job duties assigned to Sales Associates, hiring, and training. Therefore, if you apply for a Franchise store, the required qualifications and application process will differ from the corporate store description below. Likewise, if you are hired, your job description and training you receive will differ from the corporate store description below.
A Sales Associate is never just a clerk. Your Store Manager will rely on you to provide outstanding service; maintain a clean, customer-friendly environment; stock and merchandise products; and, naturally, operate the register. Whether your goal is to begin a fantastic full-time career or have a great part-time job, your talents will be valued and respected.
There is plenty of opportunity to grow in this position. In 7‑Eleven corporate stores, you can complete additional training to become a Certified Sales Associate, and learn to forecast and order product using our state-of-the-art Retail Information System. Independent Contractor Franchisees may also have training programs available to help you advance.
What Will You Do?
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous customer service
- Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment in the store
- Ring customer sales on an electronic cash register
- Receive cash from customers and give correct change
- Perform all regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are included on job assignments
- Forecast, order and stock merchandise (with appropriate training)
Great training is the foundation for exceptional performance. In 7‑Eleven corporate stores, our training is specifically designed to give you the skills necessary to be successful at each level and learning and development opportunities are available through a well-defined career path, giving you more ways to advance through the company. Independent Contractor Franchisees may also have training programs available to help you advance.
Are You Ready?
In 7‑Eleven corporate stores, the Sales Associate position requires the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and coworkers
- Desire to be part of a performance-driven team
- The Sales Associate position requires constant standing, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds are required. Independent Contractor Franchisees may have different requirements.