Internship -MarketingJob ID 2023-259745
Summer Internships at 7-Eleven
We Began As An Original. We Remain An Original At The Top Of The Convenience Industry.
Summer Internships at 7-Eleven for MBA and Undergraduate Students
We Began As An Original. We Remain An Original At The Top Of The Convenience Industry. Our company invented the concept of convenience retailing. But we didn’t stop there. 7-Eleven® has captured the world with a proven willingness and ability to innovate. We were the first company in America to offer fresh-brewed to-go coffee. More than six million of our Slurpee® beverages have been sipped since 1966. And, to continuously stay ahead of the curve, we introduce more than 2,500+ new products each year.
With over 77,000 global locations, 7-Eleven Inc. is the world’s largest operator, franchiser and licensor of convenience stores and is also one of the nation’s largest independent gasoline retailers. The company continues to achieve operational accolades, win awards in franchising and drive innovation in retail in the mission to make life a little easier for our guests by being where they need us, when they need us.
About these Opportunities: 7-Eleven Inc. has several opportunities for 2024 Summer Internships. Each internship opportunity will occur during the summer months, (10-12 weeks), focused on a specific functional area, and will provide the candidate with a depth experience within the area, culminating in a project presentation to functional leaders. Each intern will work closely with a coach who will meet regularly to discuss project progress, provide direction and ongoing feedback. In addition, each intern will attend a lunch series which will provide a cross-functional view into the organization and give the interns exposure to senior leadership. The interns will also have the experience of touring a store and learning about our distribution systems.
Work location can be either in Irving, TX or Enon, OH
Under the direction of the Community Affairs Manager, collects data and performs statistical analysis of sustainability indicators for current programs to determine their effectiveness and progress toward stated goals. Supports department leadership in analyzing new and proposed sustainable programs, projections and overall feasibility. Document methodologies used and steps taken throughout the data collection and analysis process. nThis position also assists the Community Affairs Manager with a variety of other projects and programs.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing statistical analysis of sustainable indicators. Researching, analyzing and collecting data from internal and external sources
- Writing reports describing findings, recommendations and overall environmental impacts. Identifing areas for improvement, developing recommendations for follow-up action and researching potential resources
- Evaluating how the companies overall behaviors affect the environment (e.g., how goods and services are purchased and transportation methods used)
- Creating tracking/reporting tools using Excel
- Developing data collection methodologies and reporting processes, and designing and updating data reports to track progress towards goals
- Supporting outreach efforts to internal and external stakeholders regarding general sustainability information and overall sustainability progress
- Conducting sustainability assessments and benchmarking
- Researching applicable sustainability laws and regulations
- Collecting and analyzing data to access potential risks, and provide mitigation solutions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s/ 4yr degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and statistics skills
- Strong knowledge of sustainability reporting framework & standards (e.g., DJSI, SASB, SBTI, TCFD, etc.)
- Advanced MS Excel skills to include PivotTables, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, Data Tables, etc.