Internship - Real EstateJob ID 2024-260603
Summer Internships at 7-Eleven
We Began As An Original. We Remain An Original At The Top Of The Convenience Industry.
Summer Internships at 7-Eleven for MBA and Undergraduate Students
We Began As An Original. We Remain An Original At The Top Of The Convenience Industry. Our company invented the concept of convenience retailing. But we didn’t stop there. 7-Eleven® has captured the world with a proven willingness and ability to innovate. We were the first company in America to offer fresh-brewed to-go coffee. More than six million of our Slurpee® beverages have been sipped since 1966. And, to continuously stay ahead of the curve, we introduce more than 2,500+ new products each year.
With over 84,000 global locations, 7-Eleven Inc. is the world’s largest operator, franchiser and licensor of convenience stores and is also one of the nation’s largest independent gasoline retailers. The company continues to achieve operational accolades, win awards in franchising and drive innovation in retail in the mission to make life a little easier for our guests by being where they need us, when they need us.
About these Opportunities: 7-Eleven Inc. has several opportunities for 2024 Summer Internships. Each internship opportunity will occur during the summer months, (10-12 weeks), focused on a specific functional area, and will provide the candidate with a depth experience within the area, culminating in a project presentation to functional leaders. Each intern will work closely with a coach who will meet regularly to discuss project progress, provide direction and ongoing feedback. In addition, each intern will attend a lunch series which will provide a cross-functional view into the organization and give the interns exposure to senior leadership. The interns will also have the experience of touring a store and learning about our distribution systems.
Work Location options: Enon OH, and Irving TX
7-Eleven, Inc.’s Summer Internship Program is a paid, full-time opportunity. As part of the program, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills while learning about and influencing Real Estate activity across the organization.
You’ll collaborate with peers in the Operations, Fuels, and Planning departments and other cross-functional subject matter experts to execute on RE initiatives across pipeline management and deal lifecycle. This is a highly visible, in-person role at the 7-Eleven Store Support Center in Irving, Texas.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Use strategy, data, and tools to develop and maintain the Network Plan for each metro. Based on our overall new store count goals for each area, establish very specific points (Trade Areas) where we would ideally want to place new stores.
- Through understanding the dynamics of each trade area compared to others, availability of potential sites, and an estimation of the performance potential, a collection of planned locations can be built.
- Apply the same logic to trade areas containing our existing stores.
- Assess need/opportunity by store for relocation to enhance performance and value to the overall network of stores.
- Collaborate with the field Real Estate team on specific details of the Network Plans for their individual areas. Give feedback on new sites they are pursuing relative to planned trade areas.
- Interact cross-functionally with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Operations, Asset Optimization, Planning, etc. This ongoing collaboration constantly feeds the hypothesis of the Network Plan by metro.
- Junior or senior in college or graduate student majoring in Business or Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Business analyst skillset with understanding of GIS/spatial querying.
- Strong, clear and concise communication and writing skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills
- Optimistic, positive, and ready-for-anything attitude