Area Leader (Manager) Trainee - FranchiseJob ID 2024-260947
▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 77,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
Work location options: San Diego CA; Chula Vista CA; Oceanside CA
▶ About This Opportunity
Being a 7-Eleven Area Leader isn’t easy. In fact, it’s pretty challenging. We believe great training is the foundation for exceptional performance. Therefore, we provide a comprehensive development program which includes an extensive in-store process covering all aspects of store operations including fresh food and merchandising concepts, operating procedures, and financial information. You’ll turn principle into practice as you manage your own store and gain valuable, first-hand experience. You’ll also work with an experienced Area Leader to enhance your consulting and influencing skills. Once you have a comprehensive understanding of store operations, you will start using those insights in your role as a Area Leader.
- Oversee a group of 7-Eleven Franchise stores within a geographic area to monitor franchisee compliance with brand standards
- Consult with and influence franchisees to develop, update and execute operational plans and strategies, including merchandising, fresh food concepts, fuel sales, guest experience and store operational infrastructure
- Monitor store operations, providing advice, coaching and support to franchisees. Recognize and address franchise agreement compliance issues in a timely manner
- Consult with and influence franchisees on developing key processes and plans through weekly store visits, store evaluations and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, and/or requisite industry and management experience is required
- Minimum of 3 years operational management experience or two plus years of successful multi-unit management experience in a retail and/or QSR environment
- Proven ability to work with and influence franchisees, peers and senior management
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and root cause identification skills
- Proven prioritization, presentation, budgeting, time management, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills
- Critical perspective and observation of store and merchandise placement
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Overnight and daily travel is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
The Area Leader position requires constant standing, sitting, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Essential functions are job duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. All of the responsibilities listed above are considered essential job functions to this position.
What’s In It For You?
7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Vacation pay
- Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Company vehicle
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Professional growth opportunities
- And more…
In connection with California’s “Labor Code 432.3,” 7-Eleven, Inc. provides the following information:
Area Leader Trainee salary range is $82,500-$85,000 annually.
The hourly or salary range is the range 7-Eleven in good faith believes is the range of compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, long-term incentive compensation, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
7-Eleven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is subject to change at any time.