Area Leader Summer Internship - CanadaJob ID 2024-260572
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world. 7-Eleven, Inc. is seeking a motivated Field Operations Intern who is ready to apply knowledge of managerial terms and principles to an authentic real-world experience.
The Field Operations Internship Program is a paid summer internship that immerses interns in the fast-paced work environment of 7-Eleven. The program will consist of four segments that will allow for exposure to all facets of the business and culminate in a project presentation. This program showcases the skills and tools necessary to be successful at 7-Eleven Inc. Interns will spend time interacting with Store Leaders, Area Leaders, Market Leaders, and Operations Support teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate level student pursuing a career at 7-Eleven.
- Experience an orientation designed to introduce you and your team members to 7- Eleven history, culture, strategy, and structure at our Store Support Center in Surrey, BC.
- Complete a 2-3 week in-store experience where you will learn about the company's operational standards, policies, and procedures.
- Attend 1 week of virtual classroom training to gain an understanding of the Area Leader role and responsibilities and foundational merchandising principles.
- Build upon your foundational store-level knowledge through an Area Leader shadow experience where you will begin learning different ways to support and consult store operators to help them increase sales and generate more gross profit.
- Complete a project assignment where you will focus on building sales and gross profit through effective merchandising principles and execution.
- Present a case study on key learnings from the project assignment.
- Rising Junior, rising Senior or graduate class standing preferred
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong interest in working in retail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of retail and management principles
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, stay organized, and focus on details
Pay Range: $20.70/Hr to $25.30/Hr
Pay offered will depend on various factors, including but not limited to the actual qualifications and experience of the individual, and any additional non-discriminatory, relevant to the position and/or location.
This position offers flexibility in terms of location for the right candidate. We are open to discussing work options or other arrangements that align with both the candidate's preferences and the needs of the role all over Canada.