Senior Manager, Financial Planning - 7INJob ID 2024-261756
▶Who we are
With more than 13,000 stores in the U.S. and 84,000 stores globally, it is no wonder 7-Eleven, Inc. has been named an iconic brand. In addition to 7-Eleven stores, 7-Eleven, Inc. also operates and franchises Speedway, Stripes, Laredo Taco Company and Raise the Roost locations.
Since inventing the convenience industry in 1927, 7-Eleven has built a rich 96-year history filled with beloved products like Slurpee, Big Gulp and Big Bite, and fan-favorite holidays like Slurpee Day and Bring Your Own Cup Day.
Now, 7-Eleven is on a mission to contemporize the brand and redefine convenience – and we need your help.
▶About This Opportunity
At 7-Eleven International (7IN), we are responsible for the growth of 7-Eleven branded business around the world, excluding US, Canada, Mexico, and Japan. We are currently responsible for supporting over 15 regions that are managed by our Master Franchisees who operate over 50,000+ stores across the globe.
Manage the planning tools, data, and processes in support of forecasting, budgeting, reporting, and verification of company initiatives. The manager should facilitate the company’s planning process by providing necessary data, tools, and reporting capabilities. Additionally, the manager is directly involved and leads activities related to M&A.
- Lead the modeling and analysis for M&A transactions and acquisition due diligence.
- Prepare all necessary materials to close transactions including deal presentations to solicit buy-in from C-Level and Board for approval.
- Lead the implementation of various departmental planning tools (Long Range Plan, Forecasting, etc.) in IBM Planning Analytics.
- Assistance in the total company monthly forecast process, garnering information from various departments and performing quick variance analysis versus prior versions.
- Responsibility for the creation and maintenance of various management reports on a weekly and monthly basis that are distributed throughout the company and used to make key operational decisions.
- Knowledge of the business and senior management’s current concerns and strategies are necessary to determine what information to present and how to present it to facilitate senior management’s decisions, and to identify risks and opportunities to strategic initiatives that will assist senior management to make effective decisions.
Job Requirement and Qualifications:
- Education: Master’s degree with financial concentration or equivalent experience
- Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8+ years
- Extensive knowledge of financial modeling and reporting normally acquired through job experience or completion of advanced courses.
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence and associated disciplines.
- Experience with modern BI and analytics tools.
- Experience with software development and implementation.
- Ability to mine data to create impactful management reports.
- Ability to understand and re-engineer processes through systems implementation and other means.
- Ability to communicate verbally with senior executives.
- Understanding of mathematical and accounting concepts necessary to make growth projections, net present value calculations, etc.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.